CHCFC503A - Support Social & Emotional Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shahnii

CHCFC503A - Support Social & Emotional Development

Post by shahnii » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Task 1: Supporting relationships with significant adults
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
The task states: Close and secure relationships with significant adults is essential for healthy social emotional development. Read each description of emerging social emotional development and suggest strategies to complement and support this developent.

The task then has a form that has been categorized. The first part is for infants 6-12months and says: a. crawls/creeps to explore - needs constant reassurance of significant adult - returns, looks around, calls out to make contact.
I'm required to write a strategy to support social emotional development.

I really don't understand the task. I'm not asking for someone to do my assignment, I just need help or examples as I really am unsure on what I am suppose to be doing.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
- Read the modules
- Googles different resources
- Read frameworks for learning and developent

My teacher insists on only answering questions in person on a tuesday night at the study session but unfortunately the study session starts at 5, I work till 6.30 and the campus is a 40 minute drive from my work so going to the night is pretty impossible.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC503A Foster social development in early childhood / CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:59 am

I think for this question you will need to refer to a baby's social and emotional developmental milestones (6-12 months) and refer it to the task.

You can find Developmental Milestones in Resources, Child Stages of Development.

Here is Baby Social and Emotional Developmental Milestones

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Re: CHCFC503A - Support Social & Emotional Development

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 am

I also found this:

Strategies To Support Social/Emotional Development Of Babies

This may help you out at well.

:geek:,
L.A