CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chichi
Helper
Helper

CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Post by chichi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi Lorina,

I'm doing my assignment and I'm stuck on these questions can you please help me guide me to the right direction where I can find answers from?

7. Describe 4 strategies you could use to challenge discriminatory or bias comments from children?
8. Explain 4 ways that group activities could be used as an opportunity to acknowledge the diverse societies of Australia.
9. Why is it important to understand the broader issues faced by families within the service community?
10. Explain the proposition that the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) sets out in relation to cultural competence.

Thank you.

Mandy81

Re: CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Post by Mandy81 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:34 am

Hi how is everyone toady? I'm stuck on 2 questions and was wondering if someone could help.
question one- Why is it important to develop cultural competence as an educator in early childhood?

second one- how does your cultural competency as an educator impact the children who attend the service.

If anyone could help that would be appreciated.

Mandy81

Post by Mandy81 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi can anyone tell me if I'm correct with these few questions or maybe help with them.

What would you do if your team leader or another worker asked you to complete a task that was not in your job description?
I have put....It would depend on the job, if it was against policies and procedures I would also check with nominated supervisor.

children's services professionals are expected to support clients and advocate when their rights aren't being protected. How does your organization support clients and/or advocate to express their concerns?

I have put....Support client or advocate
Refer client or advocate to advocacy services if appropriate
Observation and conversations are documented and reported to the appropriate parties.

List 4 acts of legislation that relate to the children's services sector you are employed in?
I have put....

Child protection legislation
EEO legislation
privacy legislation I need one more if these one are right.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Mandy81 wrote:Hi can anyone tell me if I'm correct with these few questions or maybe help with them.

What would you do if your team leader or another worker asked you to complete a task that was not in your job description?
I have put....It would depend on the job, if it was against policies and procedures I would also check with nominated supervisor.

children's services professionals are expected to support clients and advocate when their rights aren't being protected. How does your organization support clients and/or advocate to express their concerns?

I have put....Support client or advocate
Refer client or advocate to advocacy services if appropriate
Observation and conversations are documented and reported to the appropriate parties.

List 4 acts of legislation that relate to the children's services sector you are employed in?
I have put....

Child protection legislation
EEO legislation
privacy legislation I need one more if these one are right.

Can you add the following post to a new topic:

:geek:,
Lorina