Case Study

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kamalhappy
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Case Study

Post by kamalhappy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi
Im a little suck with this case study in my assignment. do you have any ideas that could help me?
Case Study

Joshua’s parents are in a same sex relationship. One of the children asks Joshua why his mum never comes to pick him up. He says, ‘I don’t have a mummy – I’m extra lucky because I have two daddies.’

Harry and you work in Joshua’s room. Harry always seems to leave the room when he sees one of Joshua’s parents arrive. The other day you saw him move Joshua from the dolls’ house to play with the toy trucks.

a) Explain what you think the issue may be here.

b) You feel uncomfortable about this situation. What information could you read that could help you know what to do?

c) What action would you take? Suggest two things.

d) Do you think your action would be any different if you approved, or did not approve, of Joshua’s family situation? Why/why not?

Lorina

Re: Case Study

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:53 pm

a) Harry doesn't believe in same-sex relationships and is biased towards it. He believes that boys should be "boys".

b) In regards to the information, you could read "inclusivity", "anti-bias" "code of ethics" etc.

c) You'll need to talk to Harry about his actions and that they are noticeable. He shouldn't be judgemental etc.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

kamalhappy
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by kamalhappy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Thank You Lorina. This has helped me so much

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm

You’re most welcome!

Lorina

kamalhappy
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by kamalhappy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi Lorina i am also having trouble with this case study as well and was wondering if you have any ideas for this case study?

Jaika’s parents are dismayed when they see he has a big bite mark on his face. They ask you who bit Jaika and what was being done about it.

a) What will you do next? Why?

b) What legal responsibilities do you have to Jaika?

c) What legal responsibilities do you have to the child who bit him?

d) Jaika’s parents decide to complain to the service about what happened. Explain how the service should manage their complaint.

e) The biter’s mother somehow finds out that a complaint has been made and is very angry. She knows it was Jaika’s mother and asks you to tell her to withdraw her complaint or she will withdraw her child from the service. You feel that this has gone too far and that it is outside your experience to deal with this. What action will you take and why?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 pm

First off you need to keep the "bite child's" name confidential and you should never disclose this to parents. As for what's being done about it:

Handling Biting

Here is some more information, that may help:

When Children Bite
Biting Policy

Lorina