Screaming baby

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
glynys

Screaming baby

Post by glynys » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 pm

I am open to all suggestions regarding my topic. I have a new child in my room (2 weeks). She is 5 months and basically screams when awake unless held. Obviously it is impossible for us to hold her during her waking moments as there are 7 other babies in the room. Her scream is so hight pitched that it actually hurts our ears. We love her dearly but this can't continue as it is very draining. Have spoken to Mum and it appears that she his carried around most of the time at home. I will appreciate :sweating: any comments you care to make. Thanks, Glynys.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Screaming baby

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Can I ask what the family background is?
I would suggest to the mother that carrying the child around all the time is not doing the child any favours. In the room perhaps sit with the child on the floor in your lap and then ease the child off your lap. I think it will take a fair while to acclimatise the child to not being carried all the time.

some of these may help & give you some insight
http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/pam_leo.html
http://marriageconfessions.com/2009/09/ ... led-child/
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: competitors forum links removed

glynys

Post by glynys » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks so much for your help:)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 am

Here is an article available in Resources which provides you with some strategies and tips on how to deal with a crying baby...

Dealing With A Crying Baby

See if it helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Miss T

Post by Miss T » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I bet you go home, and hear that screaming. We had a boy that was like that, my director just said sorry his just not settling- past directors would just leave with us so we need to try and deal with it. But this boy did not want any touch from us workers. We tried to get him in engaged in a range of activities but he continued. He was 2.5, good luck to next center :)

LucindaArgyle

Post by LucindaArgyle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 am

You need to understand the need of the child or what things he doesn't like around him it will help you to understand the child and your suggestions are pretty good it can be used for stop the screaming.

LucindaArgyle

Post by LucindaArgyle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 am

LucindaArgyle wrote:You need to understand the need of the child or what things he doesn't like around him it will help you to understand the child and your suggestions are pretty good it can be used for stop the screaming.
Live and let live.

termite inspections brisbane