Crying baby

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
demelzareveley

Crying baby

Post by demelzareveley » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

I am a mom of 2months baby girl, she cries a lot especially at night. Feels frustrated, how to calm her. We're getting sleepless nights. What to do?

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Crying baby

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu May 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi,

Congratulations on your baby girl. I hope you have a bit of support because it can be very hard even when you know what to do.
Babies cry for a reason.....hungry, wet or poo, pain, comfort/cuddles etc.
I know when my daughter had her son the hospital told her to demand feed..... they said when he cries feed him!!!! That is a really bad idea because if the baby is crying because they have wind and if you are a new mum and don't recognise that she has wind and feed her again you are going to feed her on top of an already upset tummy and make it worse... hense a baby that cries all the time. Sometimes babies want to just suck and not feed, you might need a dummy. Go and see your health nurse or ask your Mum or a neighbour who has been there and done that, don't be shy I am sure everyone would love to help. Listen to their advice, give it a go and see if it works for you.

All the best
Linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Re: Crying baby

Post by Lorina » Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 pm

demelzareveley wrote:I am a mom of 2months baby girl, she cries a lot especially at night. Feels frustrated, how to calm her. We're getting sleepless nights. What to do?

Congratulations! Welcome to parenting!

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to handle a crying baby. You try everything to make it stop and you yourself are getting sleepless nights.

Are you breastfeeding? I know Linsaa mentioned not to demand feed but on the contrary I did with my daughter (now 3). It's not like you feed your bub as soon as they begin crying. You check the nappy, hold the baby, make sure everything is ok and if it's still unsettled you feed it. A baby only has a small tummy and gets hungry regularly so feeding it often is alright. I breastfed my baby every 2 hours for the first few months and continued until she was 22 months old.

Is your baby pooping ok? Like often throughout the day. A baby sometimes can't poop and it hurts them so in this case you can give a little bit of warm water. Have you tried rocking your baby, wrapping it to put to sleep or use a sleeping bag. You can co sleep with your baby in your bed as well. Maybe this will settle your little one being able to smell you and feel your body heat ( I Co sleep with my 3 year old).

I know it's so hard but try not to get to frustrated! Your baby will able to sense it and instead of calming down it will make it worse. Sing to your little one, sway her while you hold her, rock her, something you try will calm her down I promise!

Let me know how you go,

:geek:,
Lorina