what is your hourly rate?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
renee_alisha

what is your hourly rate?

Post by renee_alisha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 pm

:wave:
just wondering what the award hourly rates are?
Ive just got my first assistant job and they are paying me about $19.50 an hour on permanet part-time... does this sound about right??
ive tried google but can only find fulltime weekly wages, not hourly... if anyone could tell me if what Im getting sounds right that would be great :)
oh and before this i was working casually as an assistant and was getting $24 an hour, so a $5 drop seems alot to me??

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: what is your hourly rate?

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Are you a diploma or cert 3 trained? 

The casual rate is always gonna be much higher and you won't be able to compare it. Although the casuals gets more hourly you won't have additional benefits like paid public holidays, sickies, annual leave, fixed roster, etc.. that's what you get when working full time. If you are signing in for part time, then you need to find out what benefits you get. I think the benefit of part time is that you know you will have a set number of shifts every week and you will be included in the roster but in casual you need to wait for a call when needed. So you have to weigh in and see which is better for you.

Also check out these links:

How much do you get paid in Childcare? Open Discussion on Childcare Wages....

Link to childcare award - wages

Childcare Award Wages: Classification Levels Explained

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

sounds about right to me ... I assume if you are an assistant you have a Cert III

renee_alisha

Post by renee_alisha » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:07 pm

thanks for the replies - yes im cert 3 qualified and currently studying my diploma

helana4
Participator
Participator

Post by helana4 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm

At our work, if your permanent Cert III qualifed you get $19.80 per hour. I am Cert III qualified and am a casual and get $23 per hour.

I choose to be a casual because of the significant pay decrease if I were to become permanent.