Wage rates and levels

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
maria.g.capurso

Wage rates and levels

Post by maria.g.capurso » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi all,
I've just joined and am looking forward to further discussions. I'm confused regarding wages, levels etc and what I can expect to be paid.

I have a Bachelor of Education - Drama and English (Secondary) 4 yr course

10 plus years teaching experience (high schools)

A postgraduate in Information Studies 1 yr course

Unfortunately all the above appears to count for nothing.

Have completed 4 core units in Cert III and will be continuing this.

I have experience as and OSHC Educator with 4yr olds and Primary School (18 months plus as a casual and fulltime in Vacation Care)

Is it possible to be employed as an ECT with these qualifications??? 4 units out 15 core in Cert III count for anything?

Trying to transition into a new career as support person or educator in Early Childhood, preschools and Centres as quickly as possible but finding blocks as I technically do not have a degree or completed qualification in Early Childhood.

Traineeship not an option as I can't survive on the pay if around $15 an hour???

Any discussion welcomed

Maria

Lorina

Re: Wage rates and levels

Post by Lorina » Thu May 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi Maria,

You will not be considered as an ECT - Early Childhood Teacher however you are actively working towards a qualification so you can be considered as a Cert 3 Educator. A Cert 3 Educator is assisting in the room with a Diploma Educator.

Are you only doing your cert 3 qualification?
Are you planning to do your Diploma qualification?

You can find a job position as a Cert 3 Educator.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

:geek:,
Lorina

Ren_Estelle

Re: Wage rates and levels

Post by Ren_Estelle » Sat May 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Lorina

Am I understanding you correctly? If you're working towards a qualification you can be employed even without the qualification being completed?

I am second-year uni student study Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education Primary/Early Childhood. I had been thinking about trying to do a Cert 3 on top of it so I could work in the industry while studying.