Hi Lorina.I have been working in the same centre for 10yrs now.i recently stepped up as a Room leader r

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sibo

Hi Lorina.I have been working in the same centre for 10yrs now.i recently stepped up as a Room leader r

Post by Sibo » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:16 pm

Hi Lorina. please help i have been working in the same centre for 10years now.And this year i stepped up as a room leader,replacing a collegue on Mat leave.Im now getting paid level 4.1 which is $27.88 i have been diploma qualified for almost 2 yrs now.Am i getting paid the correct pay? I tried negotiating the pay with the manager since i have been in the same place for a long time,being reliable,hardworking etc but he reckons its the correct pay rate since its my first year working as a Room leader? Im a bit confused as i thought level 4.1 is for on commencement,like when i started working as a diploma qualified from cert3. I was getting paid level 3.4 before i stepped as Lead educator/Room leader?

Lorina

Re: Hi Lorina.I have been working in the same centre for 10yrs now.i recently stepped up as a Room leader r

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:44 pm

The levels are based on years of service since acquiring your qualification not on when you start a new position based on your qualification. So, you are right since you have had your diploma for 2 years you should be on Level 4.2.

:geek:,
Lorina

Sibo

Re: Hi Lorina.I have been working in the same centre for 10yrs now.i recently stepped up as a Room leader r

Post by Sibo » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:20 pm

:)Hi Lorina.Any ideas on how i will go about asking to be paid a correct pay level? Some correct wording or approach to this same issue of pay again?Pls help.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:29 am

You can just say something casual like "I was talking to another Educator and we were going through the Children's Services Award. I realised since I have had my Diploma for 2 years that I should be on Level 4.2 because I noticed that the levels are based on years of service not when you start a new position. I can see you are paying me at Level 4.1 however since I've had my Diploma for 2 years I should be on Level 4.2" - then see what they say. If they still refuse you will have to show them a copy of the Award.

Hopefully they won't refuse this time!

:geek:,
Lorina