ECT pay advice please~~

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nanaoo89

ECT pay advice please~~

Post by nanaoo89 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I've just started as a full-time ECT in a LDC in Sydney. I read through the Award but still feel confused.

I've completed my Master of Teaching (early childhood) and started to work as a casual educator occasionally for around 2 years (sometimes only once a month). The agency I worked for paid me $37 per hour when working as an ECT. Based on the job ads and interviews, it seems like my hourly pay should be around $32, which is Level 7. But my friend in Melbourne, whose situation is similar to mine, earns $38.

Now I'm not sure how much should I be paid... Could anyone give me some advice? Thanks a lot :inlove:

Lorina

Re: ECT pay advice please~~

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm

How many years trained as an ECT are you? As in is you're degree 2 year trained, 3 year trained etc.

This will help me to determine your correct wage.

- Lorina

nanaoo89

Post by nanaoo89 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:46 pm

Lorina wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm
How many years trained as an ECT are you? As in is you're degree 2 year trained, 3 year trained etc.

This will help me to determine your correct wage.

- Lorina

Hi,Lorina. Thanks for the reply. My degree was 2-year.

nanaoo89

Post by nanaoo89 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi everyone, anyone could help me with this? Thanks~

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Since you have a 2 year degree you start on Level 1 to a maximum of Level 5 as per the Award. However they may have taken your Masters into consideration and giving you above award. Your friend earning $38/ is earning above award wages - this is solely up to the discretion of the employer. From what I understand your pay rate is justified.

:geek:,
Lorina