Ready to use best practice Early Learning curriculum for Australian long day care cent

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Gidrevich

Ready to use best practice Early Learning curriculum for Australian long day care cent

Post by Gidrevich » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Please, advice

We are new child care center in Australia.
We seek for best practice ready to use/purchase Early Learning curriculum to be implemented in our child care center.
As we think that current approach of programming in long day cares are not as much efficient as it could be.
Programming one week ahead doesn't give main goals of learning and educating targets.
Please, advice if you know best practice curriculum implemented in Australia and ready to be distributed with supporting materials.
I know one American Early Learning curriculum named Mother Goose Time , but i don't know if it should be accepted by Australian acecqa or other government departments.
What curriculum are used in your child care center.
Please, help to conduct a survey.

Lorina

Re: Ready to use best practice Early Learning curriculum for Australian long day care cent

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:47 pm

You cannot use a pre-made curriculum in Australia. It doesn't work like that here.

You need to document, you need to observe children, find out their interests and skills, talk with parents etc. only then using this information - to plan your program.

You cannot do this will a pre-made curriculum where you just add activities - each and every activity you provide needs to stem from somewhere, it needs to be thought out, it needs to support children to develop a goal.

I'm sorry but this is not going to work.

You need to rethink this, because it is not best practice.

You will need to implement the EYLF (early years learning framework) within your centre.

I am happy to provide you with information if need be.

Let me know! Happy to help!

:geek:,
Lorina