PROGRAMMING TIME !

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Miss Bec

PROGRAMMING TIME !

Post by Miss Bec » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi can anyone here help me ? I'm group leader to toddlers but only work 10 - 2 monday - friday as at the moment that is when the centre needs me but wanting to know am i still entitled to programing time and how many hours a week . Hope someone can help me thanks.

Bec

Lorina

Re: PROGRAMMING TIME !

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Bec,

Interestingly enough, in the Childrens Services Award (2010) it states that any employee responsible for the implementation of the program for a group or individual child Is entitled to a minimum of 2 hrs a week of non contact time to complete programming requirements.

This issue has already been discussed in the forum before, check out the link below for more info:

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/d ... -t297.html

Hopefully you can use this info to your advantage and get some time to complete paperwork during the week!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

sonia.v

Post by sonia.v » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Im an assistant in the Nursery i do observation and do stuff for the program do I get programming time?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Sonia,

I think anyone involved in programming and planning should be allocated sufficient programming time. Do you share this responsibility with the room leader as well? Since both of you work on the programming together than you should be allowed at least one hour each during the week of off the floor time. In the regs it states that whoever is involved in the programming should have a minimum of 2 hrs each week of programming time but since you both share it, maybe one hour each is sufficient. This is my opinion anyway... Maybe you could alternate programming time each week?

Cheers
L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 am

You guys are lucky to get paid programming times. :thumbup: That is one of the downfalls of FDC. We have to do it in our own time. :giggle:

AngelaWang

Post by AngelaWang » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Lorina,

I am a room leader in toddler room and I have ten children’s portfolio to do on each month, including one obs, one follow up and one learning story. Other assistants in the room also have similar amount of children’s portfolio to do. I would like to ask how many hour/s of programming time we are entitle on each week?
Thank you!