OSHC Programing

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
brennariley

OSHC Programing

Post by brennariley » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi Guys, I'm looking for ideas on how to create and effective and exciting program in an after school care setting. At the moment resources are set up in interest areas but it's a lot of free choice. Any ideas on how to add structure and how to effectively plan and document?

Any ideas would be great!

Lorina

Re: OSHC Programing

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 am

Is there any interest the children are showing? Movies, songs, books, themes that you could possibly incorporate into the program?
Have you asked the children the types of experiences that they would want to do during their free time?
Is there something that you would like to implement that could be exciting for the children to get involved in for e.g. Country Of The Week. The children could get involved in activities, cooking, listening to songs from that particular country.
Is there any community events or incursions you could organise that the children may enjoy that could be further extended upon as an interest.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 am

For OSHC children, use them as a source of what they want to do. Get them to provide feedback and suggestions to you in order for you to plan your program. Get their ideas, find out how they want to spend their afternoon and use this as a basis. Remember to always keep a record of their ideas and suggestions...

Lorina

regaro

Post by regaro » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:27 pm

anyone can help me out on this Q

WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO LEARN TO RECOGNISE THE NORMAL PHYSICAL, BEHAVIOURAL, COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL CUES OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE? (75-100WORDS)

brennariley

Post by brennariley » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Lorina, Thank you for your reply!

We have planned programs surrounding Harmony Day, turning it into harmony week. We have also had underwater and space week.
I think we need to look at how we document children observations and go from there.

Thank you again for your help.
Brenna :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

regaro wrote:anyone can help me out on this Q

WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO LEARN TO RECOGNISE THE NORMAL PHYSICAL, BEHAVIOURAL, COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL CUES OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE? (75-100WORDS)
Please create a new topic...

Lorina