OSHC & EYLF

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kristyl74
Participator
Participator

OSHC & EYLF

Post by kristyl74 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I work at an osch centre and was just hoping to get ideas from other osch workers how they are going with their programming and recording techniques.. The more I read about EYLF and google about EYLF the more and more I am getting confused.

Do you program weekly, do you have a template, do you display things daily/weekly/fortnightly etc..

I am waiting to go to a workshop specifically for Oshc, every inservice I have been to is pretty much related to an LDC environment so at the moment Im sinking rather than swimming :thumbdown:

Any ideas or information will be greatly appreciated :)

Lorina

Re: OSHC & EYLF

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Hey Kristy,

I completely understand where you are coming from regarding the EYLF for OOSH centres... Since I've only worked at LDC I don't really have much experience in using the EYLF for OOSH... However I've read the "MY TIME MY PLACE" which is the framework for OOSH centres and from what I understand it is similar to what I do at LDC... If you haven't already have a read through the topic on this forum called "EYLF Programming and Planning Documentations".

Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=104

This should help you understand the EYLF a little better... Although the topic is for LDC I'm sure you can gather ideas from it... I'm sorry I can't go into much detail about it ATM since I'm currently at work...I will gather some more information over the next few days and let you know what I have found...

Sorry I couldn't be any further help...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 pm

oh my gosh anything you tell me will be greatly appreciated :-) Ive just looked at your templates and they already make sense.. I think I over analyse everything and just panic that Im not doing enough or doing to much. The lack of support for oshc isnt as good as what it seems to be for LDC - im actually contacting PSCWA today to see if I can get a one on one consultant to come to our service.

Thanks again for anything and everything you have done thus far L.A - I absolutely love your work and love this site

ka2yellow

Post by ka2yellow » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 pm

I am looking for help with Programming and Evaluations using My Time My Place

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey Kristy & Bandit,

Like I mentioned in my previous post I have been trying to find out more about "My Time, My Place". I used to work in an OOSH (many years ago) but I'm sure things have changed since then. Over this weekend I have come up with a curriculum template in which you can use at your OOSH service which incorporates the Learning Outcomes and the My Time, My Place framework into the program. This is only a draft and it hasn't been finalized yet but i just wanted to show you with what I have come up with so far.

[attachment=0]OOSh_Curriculum_Plan_draft.docx[/attachment]
I would love to hear your suggestions, feedback and ideas in regards to the template I created and please let me know if I missed anything out! At the moment the curriculum plan is A3 size, is this a problem or do you prefer A4 size? I'm still not sure of the exact layout however this is the info that I think needs to be displayed...As you can see I'm still trying to figure some minor details out so, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Once the draft has been finalized then I will write up a tutorial on how to use this program plan in an OOSH setting. I will also try and work on observations and learning stories which you can use to incorporate it into the program documentation.

Let me know what you think,

BTW- Thanks so much Kristy for your feedback and support! We are glad to have you on board! I am looking forward to working with you!

L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Wow!!! Thats fantastic... Before I saw this I have played around with a few forms but im not savvy enough on Word to put boxes here there and everywhere and end up screaming at my computer.. I have done some similiar forms like your templates with the child directed/observed.. I know A3 is good for me because If I am ever writing on it there is nooooooo way i could write that small to put it onto A4.. My writing is huuuuuuge not to mention messy :/

In time this will all fall into place and it will be streamlined and I'll wonder what I was worried about - but thankyou so so so much for all your help and effort.. Gosh I wish I could have you in our service for a day just to attack your brain - your help is much appreciated

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Hey Kristy,

No worries.... I'm happy to help you out with your programming documentation. Sometimes we just need a little bit of help from someone who understands :D ...LOL... I'm still working on the final layout/design of the curriculum plan for OOSH and I'll make it available on this site when it's completed.

L.A

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 am

thankyou so much - your help is very much appreciated TRUST ME :D

ka2yellow

Post by ka2yellow » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:26 am

You knowledge and help is amazing thankyou so much :)

tulsi bhusal

Post by tulsi bhusal » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 am

Dear L.A,
Thank you so much for your template"OOSH curriculum Plan". I would like to request you if you can explain me a bit about how to complete the table.
Regard,
tulsi