Observations

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
leighl

Observations

Post by leighl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hi, I am studying diploma at present, and im very confused about recording observations in regards to EYLF. Should i be basing my observations on EYLF outcomes, or am i ok to continue to do obs on developmental domains, and then link to the EYLF???

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Observations

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 am

Mine are usually whatever ob i have and then it is linked to EYLF. I just feel if you base your obs on a prewritten outcome then your obs will be biased as you are looking and even forcing the child to reach that outcome whereas if doing your obs as the child naturally progresses & develops it is a more credible observation.
Does that make sense?
Sorry its early in the morning and not sure I make much sense this early ! haha

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 am

Also maybe have a look at the templates on this site, it may give you an idea of which way to do your obs and planning

leighl

Post by leighl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks, this makes sense- I think! I'm used to studying, and doing obs on particular developments to meet assignments! Guess I just need now to learn to relax and document what I 'like' to see in the children?!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi leighl

How about documenting what you see in the children and what they are doing/learning?