Input Keys

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
murri_jindaal

Input Keys

Post by murri_jindaal » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Many apoligies if thie topic has been discussed I tried searching for ages! :oops:
I was wondering if someone was able to clarify what input keys were used for what/ what they covered??
For example obviously parent input is any input that parents/ families have etc.

I have the basic idea of most of them but am unsure of how I could use the others;
for example please help me understand the differences between Child Directed, Child Input and Child Interest.
I feel that if I have a clearer understanding then I will be able to provide better plans that encompass many "inputs"

Thanks in advance :wave:

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Input Keys

Post by LindyT » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 am

Input Keys:

The input key box shows the links of your planning and assessment and tells others (parents and staff) who contributed to the curriculum plan. This is shown through the information and evidence you have gathered, through a variety of sources that supports children’s learning and development. The input key doesn’t need to be a specific image. Other options you could use include: using different colors, letters, abbreviations etc. (as long as the input key can be clearly identified, on your curriculum plan).

This is MY interpretation of the Input keys.

Group Experience = An experience that was bought into your programming from a Group based activity/learning opportunity

Child Interest = An experience that was bought into your programming from an interest that a child has displayed or mentioned

Intentional Teaching = Something you think the children need to learn

Community = Something that has or will happen within the community

Extension of Learning = An interest or learning area that you are extending upon.

Family Inout = Something that the family did/said or mentioned that you can bring into the Early Childhood environment (e.g. a holiday to the beach or a new baby)

Child Directed Obs= Something you may notice through an observation that you can bring further learning into the programming due t to that observation.

Child Input= Something a child has asked for or contributed to

Sponanteous Learning = Things that happen without fore planning that you can extend upon

Outdoor Play = Activities or learning opportunities that can be done outdoors.

Hope this helps

murri_jindaal

Re: Input Keys

Post by murri_jindaal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Many Thanks LindyT!! It helps alot, this way now that I understand them better, I can program using a variety of input!! :P