How to do Daily Reflection

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
syakira
Helper
Helper

How to do Daily Reflection

Post by syakira » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi,

I am so confused at the moment. Our centre just got assessed 2 days ago. Some rooms didn't get a good feedback from their "Daily Reflection". We are more confused than ever as to how we should go about doing it.

If someone can explain or give examples on how it should be done, please post it here.

We work so hard and yet we don't feel we are doing the right thing.

So frustrating.

Syakira

Lorina

Re: How to do Daily Reflection

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Syakira,

I know it can be frustrating during the assessment visit when the assessor points out what your centre or room is doing wrong! Don't take it personally take in board as constructive criticism.

When writing the Daily Diary, you reflect on the experiences that were planned for the day (which links to the program) or write about a spontaneous experience/interest that occurred on the day. When you reflect/evaluate these experience you also add the learning outcomes the children achieved or were working towards during the experience. When writing about the experience you add what happened, quotes by the children etc and link these to the outcomes.

What do you do at the moment during your daily reflection?
What do you write?
Do you evaluate the experiences planned for the day?

:geek:,
Lorina

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

We normally write about the children's activities/experiences throughout the day.
Yes, we evaluate the experiences and try to extend it throughout the week.

We link the experience with the EYLF and have a parent input section at the bottom.

Thanks for your response.
Syakira

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:40 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the layout of the daily diary I think it has more to do about the content and how it has been written... If you can give me a sample of what you write then I can look it over for you and give you some pointers... Did the assessor say anything else that needs to be included within the daily dairy that you are not currently doing?

If you can add an example on how you write about the children's experiences that would be great!

:geek:,
Lorina