How to add Learning Outcomes to Learning Stories

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
syakira
Helper
Helper

How to add Learning Outcomes to Learning Stories

Post by syakira » Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm really confused at the moment about the EYLF.

I have to do a Learning Story, at the very bottom of the page there is a heading that says "Learning outcome". How do I fill it out? Is it the child's learning outcome after the observation or is it what I want the child to achieve (by providing the activity).

Just not sure how to go about it.

thanks for reading
Syakira

Lorina

Re: How to add Learning Outcomes to Learning Stories

Post by Lorina » Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 pm

When using learning outcomes as part of a Learning Story, the learning outcomes should reflect what the child achieves during the experience that you are writing about in the learning story. If there is a follow up or evaluation section you can add the learning outcomes that you want the achieve in that particular section.

:geek:,
L.A

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks LA. I am still learning how to do it. I start my observations next week.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 am

I recently wrote an article on how to write a learning story (go to Resources, Childcare Professionals) and incorporating EYLF into it. Check it out and see if it helps: How To Write A Learning Story

:geek:,
L.A

FionaC85

Post by FionaC85 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:34 pm

I found that the more I referred to the frame works the more I was able to include the "language" of the frameworks within my learning stories. As I did this I would colour code what I had written (green for O/C #1 BLUE FOR 2 ETC) So as my parents were reading a learning story they understood what the references at the botton of each page were referring to without having to go searching or wonder what I am going on about at the bottom of the page. The more I did this I was able to create my own language and highlight my own context to relate to outcomes. Let me know if you wold like me to send you an example :)

little yellow
Participator
Participator

Post by little yellow » Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm sorry if this posted twice.

This is my attempt at adding the outcomes to a learning story. My coordinator was happy with it. I'm a new educator so this was my first attempt.

Thanks LY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Reads beautifully LY

Can I suggest you put his DOB/Age as a reference for later referral??