ECA 2017 Early Years Daily Planner

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ozchez
Participator
Participator

ECA 2017 Early Years Daily Planner

Post by ozchez » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi all

I have just purchased for myself the 2017 copy of the "Early Years Daily Planner" book from Early Childhood Australia (just awaiting delivery of the book)... I have seen them before but never really utilised it. Has anyone else used this book and how is the best way to use it. My centre that I work at (only been there 6 months) is about to go through Validation/Accreditation in the next month or so and I want to make sure that I have all the necessary documentation. I have been through validation at my old centre but this centre does things a bit different and I am allowed to add to the programming style in any way I wish to and thought this book might make it a bit easier especially for the other educators in my room.

Thanks in advance
Cheryl

Lorina

Re: ECA 2017 Early Years Daily Planner

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 am

Hi Cheryl,

This planner has a lot of helpful tips and suggestions regarding the EYLF, NQS etc. So once you receive it, you can have a look through it and maybe take a few notes down on the suggestions which maybe you can implement within the room itself. You could also use this as a communication tool between you and the educators in your room, so any messages you want to pass on or ideas you want to include in the programming, or parent input you should also make note of it within the planner.

I haven't used it personally myself however since everything is laid out within the planner itself, it will be helpful to keep all notes, ideas, information in the one place...

Let me know how you go with it!

:geek:,
Lorina

ozchez
Participator
Participator

Post by ozchez » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanx for the reply Lorina... i am still waiting for the book to arrive and i will definitely be reading thru it...

burgerbunz
Participator
Participator

Post by burgerbunz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm

I just received one- I decided to go an order one as everyone at work raves about them. I have to confess I'm sort of 50/50 with it. It gives room for quick notes, so as Lorina said, as a communication tool between educators- I have a note book which I carry religiously with me for observations or anything else (pocket sized). I do use a lot of Createl publications to keep track of my own professional development, meetings etc. but these things are simply for ME and justifying my position (as we seem to need to do these days)! I use a very intentional literacy programme with my kiddos, and art experiences which I have planned for a year in advance and I also have my years worth of morning reading books planned (not arvo, that is kiddos choice) which I have gone through and noted at the beginning of each week. Staff seem to feel that if it is noted down it is showing you have planned, even if it is not used at all. As everything else is meant to be fairly spontaneous, I guess that's why there isn't a lot of room for copious amounts of note taking. Would be nice to have room to put in pictures, but these could be stuck in over the top- again I guess that's just justifying my work at the end of the day.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 am

burgerbunz wrote:I just received one- I decided to go an order one as everyone at work raves about them. I have to confess I'm sort of 50/50 with it. It gives room for quick notes, so as Lorina said, as a communication tool between educators- I have a note book which I carry religiously with me for observations or anything else (pocket sized). I do use a lot of Createl publications to keep track of my own professional development, meetings etc. but these things are simply for ME and justifying my position (as we seem to need to do these days)! I use a very intentional literacy programme with my kiddos, and art experiences which I have planned for a year in advance and I also have my years worth of morning reading books planned (not arvo, that is kiddos choice) which I have gone through and noted at the beginning of each week. Staff seem to feel that if it is noted down it is showing you have planned, even if it is not used at all. As everything else is meant to be fairly spontaneous, I guess that's why there isn't a lot of room for copious amounts of note taking. Would be nice to have room to put in pictures, but these could be stuck in over the top- again I guess that's just justifying my work at the end of the day.
Thanks so much for your feedback and sharing your ideas! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina