Different Apps For Documentation Needs

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kekasalas

Different Apps For Documentation Needs

Post by kekasalas » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what is your experience with online portfolios and programming, in my centre we are looking to change our system and we know there are different apps so it would be good if you could advice me about the ones you already know. I've never worked with any of them. the ones I know is kinderloop and I know quick kids has also a option for it.

thank you very much in advance.

Lorina

Re: Different Apps For Documentation Needs

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:13 pm

We are currently developing an App which will be released early in 2016.

One of the positive features of our app will be that you should be able to use it from any devices, doesn't matter if its Android, iOS like ipads or iphones, Mac, Windows, or even Linux. So the cross compatibility will be excellent and all you would need is an internet connection and the latest internet browser. This gives great opportunities to educators since as an example one can start documenting directly from their phones or tablet even if its Android and then continue that work from their desktop or laptop in their rooms, etc.. without being limited to 1 device to finish that programming.

We are aiming to release this by Jan-Feb 2016, since it will be a good time to release it beginning of the year since educators can start using it from the beginning of the year. This is certainly our aim and hopefully we should be able to release it on time if all goes well. Worst case for some reason if we are unable to release the production version by Jan, we would at least try to release the Beta version to our Premium members first if for some reason we are unable to meet the deadline on time. I should have a better ETA date by Dec this year. It all depends on the initial bundle of features that we want to get ready before going live with the production release of our App.

If any of you do have any more questions on our App, do let me know..

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:00 am

In continuation to my last post, here is a bit more info on our upcoming app. As I have mentioned in the post above we are set to release an App at the beginning of next year. It's been a long time coming and we have been actively developing this app for more than a year ( yeah.. it takes a lot of work to create a good one :) ).

Some of the features we will include in our app is an "Educator portal" for educators to create documentations as well as a "Parent portal" for parents to view documentation for their individual child. You can create various documentations like learning stories, daily diaries, observations and curriculum plans. You will be also be able to create and customise your own documentation based on what your needs are, use the default available or create your very own templates! All documentation can be linked to EYLF, MTOP, QKLG, VEYLDF. Those are just some of the features available! Our app is going be loaded with tons of useful features and I believe it should have the solution for most educator's needs considering everyone have different requirements.

I am so excited to get this App up and running and I really can't wait for it to finally be released! It is currently on the testing phase with a few more features to add to it. I will let you know more information in due course!

Lorina

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Super excited by this Lorina :-)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:23 am

Thank you Kristy. Glad to see your excitement. :)

The more I test out the app, the more I look forward to its release. Our standards are a bit high when creating our product and hence we put more than 1000% effort to get it right. This app is created based on the experiences we have had over the years listening to our valuable users feedback and I am hoping our app gives the solutions educators are looking for when searching for an app to do all their documentations at their centre. We will still continue creating pdf and word templates on this site since a lot of educators are finding it easier to do it this way and our App will be available for educators who want to move completely digital. Its time to expand I guess.

Lorina

katefrost

Post by katefrost » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am looking forward to you releasing you app for documentation next year
Katedrost

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm

We have created Appsessment, the Childcare Documentation App for Early Childhood Settings and it is available now from just $10 per month.

Appsessment provides a professional and efficient approach to documenting. You can document how you want and when you want using default templates - including recording observations (jottings, art samples, photos observations) then and there, writing learning stories as it happens, writing up your curriculum plan and much more. Also has the ability to create your own Templates so you are not limited to the default templates available. All documentation that you can create includes photos, videos, links to the Framework etc. and can be shared with individual Parents in their own timeline. Parents can comment, like, etc on documentation they view and their timeline and also comes with a photo and video gallery which is automatically updated when you post updates. This enables parents to get more involved in their child’s learning and development and the experiences that you provide on a daily basis. There are also a lot of other amazing features and available at the best competitive price compared to other apps!

Check it out!!

Lorina