Administration Safety - Children's safety

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Julie Sanders

Administration Safety - Children's safety

Post by Julie Sanders » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi everyone. I've started receiving more information around Jon Justin and the pending charges for innappropriate behaviour of minors. If anyone here knows anymore please thread it here. We have to go to the authorities as a combined industry because we can't have people in our industry who prey on our children. I'm in shock as Sarah Riley has explained that the newspapers are ready to print the names of the perpretrators in the canberra raids, but unless they are formally convicted, no information can be released. Also even when formally convicted, the identity of peodophiles are not forced to be released. Why can't our schemes do more about this with the state and family day care australia. It's disgusting, and I hope more carers contact their schemes about it. Tell your schemes not to dismiss you because they have known Jon forever. His niece is the one who brought him to the police. She has brought up the history in the UK. Interesting why he moved here now. I have stopped using his system and have begged my scheme to do the same until they know. What if they know this and still run our children records through his system. What on earth can we do!!!! He has to be accounted for. Any doubt and it must be stopped. Please co-carers, do something. Say something to your representative body whatever state you are in. We are all in a rock and hard place, but I have and we all must err on the side of caution until this is sorted out.

Julie