Centre Director Interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bensos
Participator
Participator

Centre Director Interview

Post by Bensos » Sun May 26, 2024 11:16 am

Im currently 2IC & Ed Lead in a 65 place centre. I have a Diploma in Childcare as i retrained when i had my children 10 years ago. Prior to that i was a Manager but in a different industry, very well respected and was head hunted twice to other companies because of my performance. Over the past 10 year in the field i feel i have developed a reputation as a hard worker and a positive mentor for my team.

I have been approached by a different centre (100 places) to apply and interview for their centre director role. Im excited by the prospect of a new challenge but have some concerns i just need to sound out. My current CM would be "supportive" but every team member that has resigned from our centre has had to endure their leave notice with lots of passive aggressive and vindictive behaviour. I have called it out in the past and she apologises but has never improved. I dont feel i have any colleagues at present that i could sound this out to.

So my thoughts - as i said i just need them out there - feedback would be appreciated but it isnt required.

What if i quit and am not up to the new job? Im not sure going back would be an option. I dont know if i would even want to. I love my current roles but they arent challenging me and despite lots of progress made - I know i cant progress at my current centre without completely relocating which isnt an option.

I love my team and my kids and will miss them so much, what if i get the job and the staff at the new centre hate me?

Im concerned about how they heard about me. I work for a large chain (think good start/G8) which are quite insular - and i haven't been actively looking for work. The initial communication did come via a job hunting website but my profile was inactive and resume not up to date.

Ive done my research on the centre but dont know why the current director is leaving. Is this a red flag? Im really up to date on EYLF v2.0 & VEYLDF (perks of being ed lead), but what are some good questions to ask?

What do i even wear to an interview?