Preparing A Resume

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sweets

Preparing A Resume

Post by Sweets » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some help in preparing my resume I have recently been advised by my supervisor to apply for a centre director position I have no previous experience as a centre director however I have been an acting director since last 4 months at my current workplace and they are now considering me as a permanent director. I need some tips in preparing my resume as it's my first time ever in preparing this sorts of resume.

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Preparing A Resume

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:54 pm

If you have MS Word you can use a template from there itself... However if not basically your resume will have different headings and then under those headings you write information about yourself and your work experience. So at the top you have your name, your contact details, email etc. Then you could probably have the following:

Qualifications - you could mention your qualification and include the year you started e.g. 2014 - Present. You could also add any other qualifications.

Work Experience - here you could add your previous job experiences starting from the most recent. Add your position, the name of the company the date you started and finished, you should also add your key responsibilities. I know that there is alot to choose from but choose the ones that stand out.

Since you are currently working as an acting director you would put your current work place from when you started till present, your position (acting director) and list your responsibilities and what you have been doing in your role as an acting director....

Skills and Interests - here you could mention any skills you have such as speaking, reading or writing in another language etc. This should only be brief and only put the ones that could benefit you for this position.

Hope this gives you an idea to get started,

:geek:,
Lorina

Sweets

Post by Sweets » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thanks for that :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:11 pm

You're welcome! :thumbup: