Looking for a new job

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hootabelle98

Looking for a new job

Post by hootabelle98 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi there,

I have been in the industry a long time and i have been working for a centre for just under three years, The director has been the same which has been good but the educational leaders they have had 4 different ones in the past 2 years. Any way my workplace has been very up and down in supporting staff and lately i just don't feel supported or the issues i have i can't go to my director with.

I have a job interview on Monday at a very brand new centre and i am just curious what other people have said about leaving their workplace to get a new.
job. I don't want to bag the centre i am currently at as i don't want to look like im causing trouble.

what have other people said when they have changed jobs.

any help appreciated

Lorina

Re: Looking for a new job

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi!

Yes, completely understandable! It's a shame that you feel your centre is not supporting you and that you can't speak to your Director about your issues. I agree it's time to move on...

You're right you shouldn't bag the centre, you never know in the future that you may need to contact them again so no matter how bad things get or how frustrated you are with the centre always say positive things.

Some excuses include:

“I reevaluated my goals and am looking for other employment opportunities.”
“I am currently looking for a position better matched to my skills and long-term goals.”
“I am looking for a position within a company where I can contribute and grow.”
“Although it was a good job, I felt as though I had learned everything I could and wanted to move on to a new centre where I can continue to grow professionally.”

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!!

:geek:,
Lorina

hootabelle98

Post by hootabelle98 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks so much for your help just so nervous

hootabelle98

Post by hootabelle98 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm

So my interview went extremely well and I am pretty sure I am in the running to get the job.

So they want me to come in for a trial on Friday for a few hours which they said they would pay me plus the director gave me lots of forms to fill out.

The position I would have is being a third educator in nursery room and both educators have their diploma. I'm really excited as I got on so well with the director and the center only opened in January.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:47 pm

That's great!!

It sounds like they really like you and you're very happy! You pretty much have this job in the bag!

Enjoy the trial!!

Lorina

Y80❤️

Post by Y80❤️ » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 pm

Hi

I completed my certificate 111 2018. After that I didn't work. But now I really want to Start my carrier. Now I went 3,4 interview but their response was I have no experience. Two weeks ago I went one interview in TAFE childcare center. After 2 days I asked my feedback from them and they replied me that I have no experience and no confidence when I was replying. After 1 week they call my referees. Is there any possibility to get that job? I'm really sad🙁. What should I do get a job. Please if anyone can help me from your ideas. :angel:

Thank you😘

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 am

Yamuna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 pm
Hi

I completed my certificate 111 2018. After that I didn't work. But now I really want to Start my carrier. Now I went 3,4 interview but their response was I have no experience. Two weeks ago I went one interview in TAFE childcare center. After 2 days I asked my feedback from them and they replied me that I have no experience and no confidence when I was replying. After 1 week they call my referees. Is there any possibility to get that job? I'm really sad🙁. What should I do get a job. Please if anyone can help me from your ideas. :angel:

Thank you😘
Did you get the job?

Lorina