Job Interview - Questions Regarding The NQS and EYLF

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rsdm05

Job Interview - Questions Regarding The NQS and EYLF

Post by rsdm05 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 am

Hi all,
I have recently completed my cert 3 and am employed by an agency.. I have applied for jobs at other centres as I want a permanent stable job and have managed to get a couple of interviews, however I always mess up when they ask my about the eylf and nqs , I have another job interview tomorrow and am totally panicking, I know I will be asked this question and no matter how many times I go over it, my nerves take over and I go blank... Any tips on how to answer this question and keep it simple? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thankyou :D
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Job Interview - Questions Regarding The NQS and EYLF

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:28 am

Being nervous is completely normal during interviews and usually we do have a mind blank during this time! Maybe if your mind goes blank when you get asked a question, you can say "I'm sorry, I'm really nervous" then take your time to answer, If after a minute or so you can't get your thoughts together just summarise what you know about the EYLF or the NQS. It's OK if you have to think before you answer...

Here is some info on the NQS:

National Quality Standards

Here is some information on the EYLF:
EYLF

Obviously you can't memorise everything but make sure your familiar with the main points.

I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina

rsdm05

Post by rsdm05 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi lorina,
Thankyou for your advice, I went to the interview and suprinsgly they asked me nothing about the eylf and nqs! Just asked me basic questions...
Feeling hopeful and thankyou again!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:52 am

I got my fingers crossed for you!

Good Luck!

Lorina

rsdm05

Post by rsdm05 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am in a little bit of a pickle, so the job interview went well, I did tell the director i didnt really have a solid reference as i am new to the workforce and she said that was fine, she would just use the agency as a reference..
So about half an hr ago the agency called me and offered me a permanent position not too far from home.. i told her i was interested and she said she would pass my details through for a meeting...
however a friend who i worked with who i forgot i put down as a reference just messaged me and told me she gave me a excellent reference etc...
my concern now is if i do get offered the job that i went for yesterday, how do i go about turning the one down from the agency or do i attend the meeting? im feeling a little bad for the agency as the girls are lovely..is it ok to say to the other job i need a little time as ive had another offer even though i said i am available to start immediately?

thankyou!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Sorry, it's taken me awhile to respond... I've been in hospital for surgery...

Look at you with 2 job offers already! That's great!!! :thumbup:

OK, I think you should attend the meeting and see what the centre is offering. See how the centre is, what the vibe is like, what the staff and the children are like as well. You can tell alot just by going to the meeting. This way you can make a judgement about which centre you want to work at...

If you get offered a job and would like to turn it down you can just say "Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me. I think your centre is lovely, however I have just accepted another job closer to my home" etc. You should come up with a reason why you accepted one over the other...

Lorina

rsdm05

Post by rsdm05 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Lorina,

I hope you are feeling better!

Thankyou for responding... I did end up getting 3 offers and have decided to take the one closest to home (within walking distance) and on the same road as my childrens school! was quiet awkward with the agency as I did go for an interview with the job they were offering, but overall super happy with my decision, will start there on monday..
Thankyou again.. :))

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:51 am

Hi Rach,

Feeling much better thanks!

Great to hear that you found something so close to your home and to your kids! That's fantastic and a big benefit!!

Enjoy your first week!!

Lorina