Watch

Job Interview questions about the EYLF

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Job Interview questions about the EYLF

Post by nemodori » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:57 am

Hello, I am a cert III early childhood educator. I work casually. But I remember when I was asked a question on my interview that I got totally stuck on.
i was asked.
If I can tell them something about the early year learning framework.
I know what it is. But I had a lot of trouble answering this question.

I said it's a whole lot of principles, practices and outcome that supports Childrens in the way they grow and learn.
I also mentioned the title of it saying Belonging being and becoming.

But she looked very confused and asked anything else? And that's where I got very nervous and couldn't say anything else. I apologised then and she laughed a little saying no no it's okay. And wrote something down on the paper and went on to next question.
But at last, I got the job.
I am wondering if I was wrong with this question? Or was there anything else I could've said. I know what it is but I have a lot of trouble explain this.
Can someone please tell me a few lines, so I am prepared next time?

Lorina

Re: Job Interview questions about the EYLF

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 am

It's OK, interviews can be very nerve wrecking! Even I get nervous at times!!

Yes, you're on the right track regarding the EYLF, you just need to construct your words and talk with confidence. This may help simplify it:

The EYLF is an abbreviation for Early Years Learning Framework' in Australia. EYLF is a framework – it’s not a program, it’s not a curriculum to follow, it’s not a syllabus. It is a foundation of Principles, Practices and Learning Outcomes to assist educators in designing a curriculum, using Learning Outcomes as goals for children to achieve and using the Principles and Practices to reflect of early education, care and learning.

OR

The EYLF is a guide which consists of Principles, Practices and 5 main Learning Outcomes along with each of their sub-outcomes, based on identity, community, wellbeing, learning and communicating. The Learning Outcomes are to be used to reflect on children’s learning and focus on what a child can achieve rather than what they can’t. The Early Years Learning Framework enables childcare professionals, educators and early childhood teachers within an early childhood setting to extend and enrich children’s learning, provide opportunities for children to develop a foundation for learning and for children to become successful learners.

Hey, the good thing is that you got the job! The best thing about the interview is that you have been through the process so it will make it easier next time since you kind of know what to expect...

Hope you enjoy your new job!

:geek:,
Lorina

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nemodori » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:26 am

Lorina wrote:It's OK, interviews can be very nerve wrecking! Even I get nervous at times!!

Yes, you're on the right track regarding the EYLF, you just need to construct your words and talk with confidence. This may help simplify it:

The EYLF is an abbreviation for Early Years Learning Framework' in Australia. EYLF is a framework – it’s not a program, it’s not a curriculum to follow, it’s not a syllabus. It is a foundation of Principles, Practices and Learning Outcomes to assist educators in designing a curriculum, using Learning Outcomes as goals for children to achieve and using the Principles and Practices to reflect of early education, care and learning.

OR

The EYLF is a guide which consists of Principles, Practices and 5 main Learning Outcomes along with each of their sub-outcomes, based on identity, community, wellbeing, learning and communicating. The Learning Outcomes are to be used to reflect on children’s learning and focus on what a child can achieve rather than what they can’t. The Early Years Learning Framework enables childcare professionals, educators and early childhood teachers within an early childhood setting to extend and enrich children’s learning, provide opportunities for children to develop a foundation for learning and for children to become successful learners.

Hey, the good thing is that you got the job! The best thing about the interview is that you have been through the process so it will make it easier next time since you kind of know what to expect...

Hope you enjoy your new job!

Lorina

Woah! Thank you Lorina!!
This gave me a better understanding of the EYLF. I shall know better next time now! Yes, I am enjoying my new job!! Thanks again! :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 am

You're most welcome!

Let me know if you need anything in the future!

Lorina

nemodori
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nemodori » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Lorina wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 am
You're most welcome!

Let me know if you need anything in the future!

Lorina

Hi Lorina! Sorry to reply this old topic - actually I cannot find the button of starting a new topic. I saw and read how to start new topic but I can’t find it - to follow it! Anyway, I needed some help and advice... I want to know if I can do this or not.

I have completed my Cert III & Diploma of early childhood education and care.
I am wondering, in stead of working outside - am I allowed to start like a private baby sitting or something at my own home?
I will have police check, WWCC, first aid/cpr/asthma/anaphylaxis. - my mother will have food handling certificate.
I will have some good activities for children’s... but it might be less learning, I mean I might not have much planning and programs.... Hence I am willing to call it a baby-sitting instead of early childhood education and care.
I have a big theatre room (a normal size of childcare room for ages 2-3)
I am wondering to turn that into a nice room for children... my backyard will have a sandpit, a small playground and an obstacle environment, all will be small for ages (1-3)
.. have spaces for nappychanges etc.
I am just wondering if this whole thing is possible or is it illegal... and if it is possible.. then what are the things I need to do to start off with it.
I have read aussi childcare networks ‘how to start a child care service’ post... but I need the names of the things I need to do.
Please tell me if anyone knows what I am tying to say...

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Hey!

it sounds like you want to start an FDC service. That's being an Educator to children within your own home. You have a limited amount of children (7 per day), you plan, program, observe, provide experiences etc, as you would if you were working in a long day care setting but as an FDC you can be your own boss, in your own home.

First off you will need to find an FDC Scheme in your area. Once you find an FDC Scheme you sign up with them and then you begin the process of setting up your home, they will assist you.

Here is some information:

Getting Started As An FDC Educator

Have a read through the information, provided in the link above and see if that's what you want to do...

Lorina

Smitaps

Post by Smitaps » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:11 am

Hi Lorina,

I have started my online TAFE course for certificate 3 last week and I have a job interview as a casual in the coming week. As I am completely new to this field and I don't have any experience what would my interview questions be like?

Many thanks,
Smita.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:49 am

Hi Smita,

Welcome to the industry!

Don't worry too much! Since you have only started your cert 3 as well as being new to the industry, the questions won't be too hard. If you're not sure how to answer just be honest and simply say that you're new to the industry and looking forward to learning more.

Here is a list of questions:Childcare Interview Questions

Let me know how it goes!

Lorina