Job fair childcare issue

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ClintBarton

Job fair childcare issue

Post by ClintBarton » Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello,

We are planning on attending a job fair next year in which we must travel outside the country. Is the only option to leave our kids with friends/family or do people bring their children with them to the fair? I can't imagine interviewing with them there but someone recently told me that some schools like to meet the kids too.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Job fair childcare issue

Post by Lorina » Mon May 28, 2018 2:34 pm

At the job fair, you will be interviewing? Or are you just going to be taking down notes on those that seem interested and getting back to them? It depends on where you are travelling to and the ages of your children but if they can help you out by handing out brochures and pamphlets etc, then I would say you can take them - it will be a good experience for them interacting with other children from a different country - just make sure you also take stuff for them to do to keep them busy if they get bored. Try it for a day and see how it goes - if it doesn't work out the only other option is to hire a babysit etc. but you need to work out what you are going to do in the case of your kids aren't needed for the job fair...

:geek:,
Lorina