interview help

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

interview help

Post by rsvnyn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi I have got an interview call from a kindergarten for casual position....can anyone suggest me how should I prepare for the interview and what possible questions will be asked...actually this is my first interview...i worked in a childcare centre as a casual staff after completing my cert 3 placement in d same centre....

law92
Helper
Helper

Re: interview help

Post by law92 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi

I would say the most important thing for your interview is to be yourself and really let your personality shine through. I'm currently working as a casual at a school kindy and because the staff is so small they really hire people based on personality. I worked at a child care centre as well while completing my cert 3 and working at a kindy is so much better.
Also, make sure you brush up on your industry knowledge such as NQF, EYLF kindergarten guidelines.
Interestingly enough, working at a kindy they seem to prefer everyone to be studying a bachelor of education than a diploma of children's services. I have 2 teachers at my work, and everyone else has cert 3 and is studying education at the local uni. Maybe it's because everyone is classified as an assistant then there's just the teachers so there's really no need for diplomas.
Anyway good luck for your interview I'm sure you'll do great.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 pm

You have an advantage since you have worked in this centre as a casual before!

I'm providing you with an article available in Wiki, under Childcare Articles on:

Preparing for an Interview

Good Luck!

Let me know how it goes,

:geek:,
L.A

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 pm

thanks law92 and lorina ...i gave my interview 2day and the tips given by u were very helpful...it went on well....i hope i ll get through this...waiting for the result 2 come....thanks a lot guys

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi everyone,

the interview went on well..but still there is no response from the preschool. According to me, I have answered to the point and accurately as they had a set of questions pre prepared, i found it was standard and did well. does anyone know how many days will it take to know whether i m in there relief staff list or not..
thanks