Interview for Diploma position

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
michelle123

Interview for Diploma position

Post by michelle123 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:49 am

Hey there!
Does anyone know whats involved in a Big Fat Smile interview? They are a big chain of centres in NSW and I have an interview next Wednesday.
I will be studying EYLF and Quality areas, prob scenarios but can anyone tell me more about what to expect?
That would be very helpful as I really need to nail this job.
Thankyou in advance.

Lorina

Re: Interview for Diploma position

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately I haven't had an interview with that particular chain of centres however most interviews are similar in childcare. You are on the right track to study up on EYLF and Quality Areas because they will most likely ask about this. Have you worked in a Diploma position before? You will probably be asked on your previous experiences, programming and planning, scenario based questions such as dealing with a difficult parents or managing difficult behaviour or even what to do when you have an issue with a staff member. Most common questions are also what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, have you been involved in accreditation process...

You could also check out the following article available in our Wiki in Childcare Articles:

Preparing For An Interview

and the following forum topic:

i need help for my interview - common interview questions

Smile, be confident and be yourself!

Good Luck,

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Just to add, during the interview look directly at the person asking the question and then look at them when you give your answer, sit up straight, don't fidget (crossing legs and putting your hands together can help this), vary your tone of voice, look excited, thank the people interviewing. Best of luck!

michelle123

Post by michelle123 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 am

thankyou both so much for your replies, that helps a lot. I haven't worked as a diploma as such but have been in the industry for 10+ years. I have taken on the diploma role at times when it has been required but haven't ran a room as yet. I really need to nail this job at the moment it isn't a job as such but I have hounded this company since January and they have given me an interview, maybe so they wont be hounded anymore....ha!
I will let you know how it goes and thankyou so much, your replies have helped tremendously.
Kindest regards,
Michelle