help with job interview - Goodstart centre

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jsmd

help with job interview - Goodstart centre

Post by jsmd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

HI guys i am over the moon i pulled a interview with the good start centre out here , i was wondering if anyone knew about a test they give you , so i can study up so i know what the hell i am doing on the day as i will be out of my mond with worry anyhow

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: help with job interview

Post by dulciean » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 pm

hi jmsd
I have been through an interview with a Goodstart centre. Having said that- i was not offered the position- the Director who interviewed me stated she had been looking for 6 months. I never could figure out exactly What they were looking for? Anyhow- for me it was a pretty standard process, standard questions etc( scenarios+ your responses) Interestingly- their H.R manager called me a couple of days' ago to interview for another position at a different Centre. hopefully this one goes better! - look forward to hearing how it went!

jsmd

Post by jsmd » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

thank u so much so you didnt have to sit a test .

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:56 am

hi - no i didn't, but like LA said in another thread, all Centres are different. I imagine any sort of 'test' would be common-sense stuff. i think it was Fefe who said it's always good to put yourself in the scenario and actually imagine what you would do in that instance? If you have your cert III you will know most of what they are looking for. Relax, be positive- you'll do great!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 pm

When I went to ABC they had a 'test' it was simple maths and common sense things like

You start work at 7am and finish at 4pm, you have a 10 min morning tea break that starts at 9am and an 1/2hr for lunch from 12:30... fill out your time sheet ... then below was a simple time sheet. Time in, Time out, morning tea start and finish, lunch start and finish.

Another question was your centre is having a fundraiser and you are in charge of a stall selling cupcakes for $2 each and bags of lollies at 50c each. A lady buys 2 cupcakes and 3 bags of lollies and pays you with $10, how much change would you give her.

So if it this type of test then well pretty simple, unless your mathematics is REALLY shockingly terrible!