Expectation of knowledge re. NQF and EYLF

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kapow

Expectation of knowledge re. NQF and EYLF

Post by kapow » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi,
I am looking to return to work after taking the last year and half off. It was time well spent with my now 18 month old daughter but at the same time it wasn’t my plan to have gone onto spend the last year and a half off. But after COVID hit and an impending move, it didn’t make sense to start looking for work.

Now that I am looking to get back into childcare, I am concerned that I may not meet the criteria of a lot of job advertisements in the way of knowledge and understanding of the NQF and EYLF.

Therefore, my question is if you were looking to employ someone, what level of knowledge would you be looking for in a candidate?

Any help would be great as I really feel that despite having my diploma and experience working with children (although in OSHC), I could really use all the help I can get right now just to boost my confidence. I am looking to revisit both documents but I am not sure to what extent I should be memorising (for lack of a better word) them.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks - Kim