Can i please get a sample Trainee-ship Resume?

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
vijibalu

Can i please get a sample Trainee-ship Resume?

Post by vijibalu » Wed May 21, 2014 11:01 am

I have been working in IT industry and after giving birth to my daughter i have no interest go work with computers any more. Want to be be with children. Can someone help me by providing sample or template for child care trainee-ship as i plan to resign my job and joining a child care course and work as trainee to gain experience? Thanks so much.

Lorina

Re: Can i please get a sample Trainee-ship Resume?

Post by Lorina » Fri May 23, 2014 4:19 am

Before quitting your job I suggest you try and get a traineeship position. Just because if it takes you awhile to find one at least you will be continually working in the mean time. There isn't really a "traineeship resume" that you can refer too. Just use your previous resume, along with any details of experiences you have had with children etc. Since you are looking to do a traineeship your employer will be aware that you may have not experience before so don't worry. During the interview you can explain why you wan to work with children etc..

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

megs_95
Helper
Helper

Post by megs_95 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:14 pm

This is what I did for my resume, which got me a trial at the centre and my traineeship -

Started with a short cover letter stating who I was, why I wanted to work in childcare and my availability (e.g. casual, f/t, p/t). For me this was a little explanation that I was completing my HSC and hoped to begin a traineeship so I could get my qualification and gain experience, and that I hoped to complete my diploma afterwards.

Then in my resume I included:
- Contact details (name, dob, address, phone, email, etc)
- Education and qualifications (I included the schooling I completed as well as that I have my RSA, hoping that would show I was willing to learn. You might have other things as well)
- Employment history, even though none was relevant to childcare - I just briefly listed the types of responsibilities I had at each job
- Interests - I included music, art/craft, cooking etc as they're relevant to things you do in childcare, and this seemed to be what the director picked up on most as she asked me a lot about what I thought I could bring to the centre in regards to music and art
- References (just used previous employers to vouch for work ethic and reliability, if needed)

Hope this helps you! :)

mika2010

Post by mika2010 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 am

Applying for an apprenticeship or trainee ship is just the same as any job, so you. Check out our How to write a cover letter page for tips on how to put together as links to sample cover letters you can download and use to create your own. Get a reference