Running FDC - Treated Badly By Parent

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
manjot
Participator
Participator

Running FDC - Treated Badly By Parent

Post by manjot » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 am

hi there I m running family day care. in may care one parent treated so badly and even my co-ordinator didn't support me much too. the lady was coming casually and didn't want to give contract hours so when I asked her to pay me for holiday. she refused. she abused me at my place I was crying when she left and my co-ordinator came and she gave me all negative points before she was happy. everything changed in few ours. so now I decided to leave the scheme and joining new scheme and I hope I will get help from them. :oops:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: need few ideas

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 pm

I am not in FDC so not aware of what you mean by contract hours and what you mean by you wanted her to pay you for holidays.

Lorina

Re: need few ideas

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just to be sure about your situation, a parent came to you for casual care and refused to pay you the casual rate. Then you asked her to pay for the holiday rate instead and she still refused? I'm sorry I'm just trying to understand what happened.

Anyway it isn't nice when a parent abuses you, it makes you feel horrible, especially if you don't have support from your co-coordinator as well. You mentioned she also gave you negative points, were these points from the parent who told your coordinator?

Since your not getting any support and you had such a bad experience it's a good idea you changed. Maybe you should mention this incident to your new coordinator and she can support you so it doesn't happen again.

It will be alright,

:geek:,
L.A