FDC exeriences working with your FDC scheme.

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Natura

FDC exeriences working with your FDC scheme.

Post by Natura » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi everyone.
I would love to ask the FDCarers about your experience working for your FDC scheme.

I have found that in my Area there are many family day cares that are not run with the scheme of the council.

I am in the Macarthur region, Camden Area and I would like to hear from FDCarers who are using private FDC schemes in the area, about the experience with
this private organizations.

I have found FDC schemes such:
Multitask FDC scheme
Sonrise FDC scheme
Primary FDC scheme.
Aussom FDC scheme
All Areas FDC scheme.
Growing minds FDC scheme
Jelly beans Scheme.

I would appreciate your input.
We have been waiting two years from our local council to get a spot with them but I doubt that I will get the chance with them, simply because most of the educators they are selecting have more than 10 years of experience and are switching from working in childcare settings to a home based education center. I have experience bringing up my own children, volunteering in child care centers and 200 hours of workplacement for Cert 3 and Diploma in Children's services.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.

Natura.

Lorina

Re: FDC exeriences working with your FDC scheme.

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:59 am

Hi Natura,

Sounds like you are eager to get your FDC up and running. You are qualified and it seems like you know what you're getting yourself into so you not being able to get the opportunity thus far must be very frustrating. I'm not going to be very helpful in the terms of providing feedback on private schemes because I myself have no experience in the FDC field....

I was actually doing a search for you and I came across the following:

Aussom Family Day Care Scheme

Growing Minds FDC

Primary FDC Scheme

Jelly Beans FDC Scheme

You my have already looked into each one already... I think you would probably need to contact each scheme and talk to them to find out which one you find more suitable to you. You can ask about home signage, promotional material for your service, supplying of uniforms, ongoing developmental training, fees, support. etc. Whichever scheme offers the best for your business then that's who you should go with.

BTW - Is your FDC ready to go? Have you got insurance, room setup, bought necessary equipment, made changes to your home etc? Or are you still needing to do this?

Sorry I couldn't answer your specific questions,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:19 am

I just found this that I thought I'd share with you:

Guide For Family Day Carers

:geek: ,
L.A

Natura

Post by Natura » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi Lorina.
Thanks for your kindness. First of all I believe that many of the people who has seen this post are already doing their FDC.
I believe so far that the councils offer a better opportunity due to the support the FDcarers receive any time. I can see when my daughter who attends day care, if the educator is not
available at any day due to illness or whatever reasons, the FDC office, arrange alternate care with another FDC provider. So I believe the network of carers are a great resource, something I dont think it would be the same with private organisations, just guessing!.

Anyway, thanks for the additional information you offer and I will look into it..

Btw, the council came, did the risk assessment and we passed, but we are on the waiting list, but having a bit of faith that next year they will say yes to our application, and if does not happen, well we will contact the private schemes.
Regards.

Natura.