Being Replaced In The Room By A Student

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rsdm05

Being Replaced In The Room By A Student

Post by rsdm05 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 am

Hi all...
Just looking for some advice.. i have been in my current job for almost 4 months now.. i have been placed in the kinder room and have been told that i will remain in there, have bonded with the children learnt how the day runs etc...
Last week we were doing indoor and outdoor. . I was inside doing lunch as the permanent educator (being me) has to do lunch for allergies etc.. the kinder teacher was on planning so a casual was outside supervising.. i hear someone crying outside, pop my head out and ask if the little girl.is ok , check her back as she hit it on the bike sit her down, get a cold compress... try calling the front to get an incident form (no answer) call the kitchen another educator brings the form and all is ok..
At the end of my shift the director pulls me into the office and asks me why i left the casual alone, why wasnt i in the room??
I was shocked as i was there the whole time and was the one who called for the report placed compress etc.. the director proceeded to tell me the other girls are saying i wasnt there... i was quite upset and told her thats not true etc.. all is resolved..
Get to work today to be told i am being removed from kinder due to a student starting and i will now be covering back breaks... i am so upset as i feel this is because what happened on friday even though i thought it was resolved. ..
She said it was because a student needed to do her placement there and it would be too many staff in the room but i just feel like alot of gossip is going on behind my back... help!

Lorina

Re: Being Replaced In The Room By A Student

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Unfortunately whether or not the issue has been resolved there will always be gossip going on regarding any incident/conflict that takes place. This happens frequently. Even if it happens to be an issue regarding a personal matter it somehow happens to make it's way through the "grapevine" so to speak. Pretty sad considering we supposed to have strict privacy and confidentiality laws in place. But gossips, will be gossips... You mentioned that the Director said the other girls said you weren't there.. Well, since it's not one but a few girls in this issue they will probably talking amongst themselves about what happened etc. Just let it be, you can't stop them and they will get over it until another incident takes place which will then be on their gossip mill.

In regards to a student replacing you, I think this is an excuse and it will be interesting to see what happens after the student finishes their placement. A student is there to learn, observe and to complete their own tasks not be counted as a part of the staff, so I'm not sure why you have been told that. However, maybe the Director feels that you could be more useful in another room while the student is in the Kindy room. I understand you must feel disheartened after you took your time to settle into the room, get to know the children and now you have to do it all over again but this is an excellent opportunity to see how the other room is run and to interact with another set of children!

I'm sure it will work out,

:geek:,
Lorina