Overseas qualification assessment

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lily4ever713

Overseas qualification assessment

Post by Lily4ever713 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:42 pm

Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’m trying to find experiences. I currently hold a primary teaching degree from overseas I’m wondering if anyone had the opportunity to assess their overseas degrees or qualifications in early childhood or primary teaching with ACECQA. What was the outcome? I’m about to submit mine but I haven’t find any information online about people being successful, so I’m a bit hesitant. Did anyone had a good response from them? Did you get qualified as diploma or Cert 3 or even an ECT? Do you want to share your story? Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Overseas qualification assessment

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:34 pm

Hi!

I have had a student from overseas contact me who recently got their qualification assessed from ACECQA. They had a primary school qualification from another country and was successful and recognised as a cert 3 educator. Now they are currently studying for their Diploma.

So, don't feel hesitant it will be alright!

:geek:,
Lorina

salmawisoky

Re: Overseas qualification assessment

Post by salmawisoky » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:24 pm

ACECQA is responsible for assessing qualifications for the purposes of working in children's education and care services in Australia. They have a process in place for assessing overseas qualifications and determining their equivalence in the Australian context. Candy Crush