How to get QLD blue card?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dogmum12

How to get QLD blue card?

Post by dogmum12 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am

Hello,
I'm interested in getting some part-time Nannying/baby sitting work. My career has been in paediatric nursing but I've taken leave this year for a career break and I'm not quite ready to return to the hospital setting. I love looking after kids but haven't babysat since university seven years ago.
I'm noticing a lot of the nanny agencies are asking for a Blue Card; when I've looked on the QLD government website about obtaining one, you need to have an employer/organisation verify that you are going to work/train for them (there is a section that states must be filled out by organisation).

Does anyone know how I can do this if Im not currently employed in childcare or volunteering?
My national nurse registering body AHPPRA coordinates our working with children check/police checks each year so I don't actually get given a blue card....how can I go about getting one if I don't have a job in childcare right now?
Please note I had one during my days as a nursing student, but that expired six years ago and Ive not been required to get a new one for some time.

Thank you for your advice :)

Lorina

Re: How to get QLD blue card?

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:31 pm

When applying for a blue card you can do so as a self employed individual...

Here is some more information:

Blue Card For Nannies, Au Pairs etc

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina