Going for Provider Approval

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Romeo123456

Going for Provider Approval

Post by Romeo123456 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:44 am

HI,

So I am new here but I have been following numerous posts as an outsider for a long time.
I Apologise as I did not know where I should be posting this post.

I have applied for a provider approval and I have been rejected based on not being able to answer a few questions thoroughly enough.

Key aspects of the
National Law and
National Regulations
• Quality improvement plan
• Outcomes of an educational program
• Physical environment
• Prescribed information regarding the program and its
outcomes

Areas Not Identified
Short Answer • considerations in regards to the way in which
assessment and progress towards learning
outcomes will be documented

I believe this question went something like this " what are 3 (not sure if its was 3 or 2) considerations you take when documenting children's progress).

Reflecting on this now, I think the answer might be
- How long they have attended the service?
- How many days they attend?

The assessment officer did say it was related to the QIP as well though so I'm not sure how that fits in.

Any kind feedback would be apprciated.

Lorina

Re: Going for Provider Approval

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:10 am

I think they may be referring to the following:

Quality Area 1 - Educational Program and Practice

1.1 - The educational program enhances each child’s learning and development.

1.1.1 - Curriculum decision making contributes to each child’s learning and development outcomes in relation to their identity, connection with community, wellbeing, confidence as learners and effective as communicators.

This can be achieved by:

• educators talking explicitly about phonological concepts, such as rhyme, letters and sounds when sharing texts with children
• engaging children in discussions about symbol systems, such as letters, numbers, time, money and musical notation
• supporting children to contribute constructively to mathematical and scientific discussions and arguments
• engaging children in the exploration of creative arts such as musical rhythms or beats, or lines or shapes in visual arts
• using everyday events as a basis for children’s exploration and learning about nature and science
• engaging children in singing songs and playing with words and sounds
• supporting children to convey and construct messages with purpose and confidence, building on home/family and community languages
• building vocabulary, having language-rich communication exchanges between educators and children
• promoting expressive aspects of children’s language
• educators supporting children to be independent communicators who initiate English and home-language conversations, and who listen, respond and engage in conversation
• educators providing a literacy-enriched environment that includes displaying
• print in home languages and in English

Documentation to support this includes:

• documentation that has been gathered in a variety of ways about children’s progress towards the learning outcomes and planning that establishes further learning goals
• documented programs that include planned experiences and/or strategies to support individual children’s goals
• documented programs demonstrating that an assessment of the learning outcomes has led to goals being identified for the group of children that are designed to intentionally support aspects of learning

Ref: How To Achieve Quality Area 1

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Romeo123456

Post by Romeo123456 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Thank you Lorina,

I have another question.

What would be the best answer for the question
What is a QIP (provide references from law and regulation)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Romeo123456 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:29 pm
Thank you Lorina,

I have another question.

What is a QIP (provide references from law and regulation)

The approved provider must ensure a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) is in place for each service.

The aim of a QIP is to help providers self-assess their performance in delivering quality education and care, and to plan future improvements. The QIP also helps regulatory authorities with assessing the quality of the service.

Education and care services are assessed and rated by their state and territory regulatory authority.

Services are assessed against the 7 quality areas of the National Quality Standard.

Quality Area 1 – Educational program and practice
Educational program and practice of educators are child-centred, stimulating and maximise opportunities for enhancing and extending each child’s learning and development.

Quality Area 2 – Children's health and safety
Children have the right to experience quality education and care in an environment that safeguards and promotes their health, safety and wellbeing.

Quality Area 3 – Physical environment
Physical environment is safe, suitable and provides a rich and diverse range of experiences that promote children’s learning and development.

Quality Area 4 – Staffing arrangements
Qualified and experienced educators, who develop warm, respectful relationships with children, create predictable environments and encourage children’s active engagement in the learning program.

Quality Area 5 – Relationships with children
Relationships with children are responsive, respectful and promote children’s sense of security and belonging.

Quality Area 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
Collaborative relationships with families are fundamental to achieving quality outcomes for children, and community partnerships based on active communication, consultation and collaboration are essential.

Quality Area 7 – Governance and leadership
Effective leadership and governance of the service contributes to quality environments for children’s learning and development. Effective leaders establish shared values for the service and set clear direction for the service’s continuous improvement.

Reference: Quality Improvement Plans

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi!

Can anyone please give a quick overview of what happened during the interview... we have many users going for provider approval and are very anxious about what to expect.

If anyone can give some details about their experience it would really help!

Thank you all!

Lorina

Abdelmalekn

Provider Approval number

Post by Abdelmalekn » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:04 pm

Hi, I got the Provider Approval number last year.
and as everyone can see the competition really high to even lease a center.
My questions:
1- for how long is the Provider Approval number at least before I lease a center?
2- If I applied for AP04 Application for Voluntary Suspension of Provider Approval, what are the pros and cons of it?
Appreciate your help.
Nermin

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi!

This may help:

[url=https://ablis.business.gov.au/service/n ... oval/30992]Provider Approval[/url

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi!

This may help:

[url=https://ablis.business.gov.au/service/n ... oval/30992]Provider Approval[/url

Lorina

LilliputLearners

Re: Provider Approval number

Post by LilliputLearners » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Abdelmalekn wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:04 pm
Hi, I got the Provider Approval number last year.
and as everyone can see the competition really high to even lease a center.
My questions:
1- for how long is the Provider Approval number at least before I lease a center?
2- If I applied for AP04 Application for Voluntary Suspension of Provider Approval, what are the pros and cons of it?
Appreciate your help.
Nermin
Hi there, you do not need to suspend your provider approval number, you have been determined to be fit n proper and unless something changes like a criminal record that approval will stay valid, good luck on finding a site and use the time to get service and ccs applications ready

FDCService

Post by FDCService » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:32 am

I am new here, so, I don't know if this is the right post. I am lurking here for quite some time. I applied for FDC Provider Approval in NSW and got this message on Friday, 13 March 2023, after completing all the paperwork or documents for PA02 Fitness and Propriety and Person in Management or Control (PMC):

"Please note that no further information is required at this time, however you may be contacted by an assessing officer at a later stage to discuss information provided with the application in further detail."

What can I expect from this contact or discussion? They did say to discuss info provided with the application in further detail

@Romeo123456, what is the timeline when did your questions come up? Is it like mine, after completing a complete application, on online assessment, phone interview, etc..?

I am just anxious. Hope somebody can gain me some light or give me a hint?

Thanks so much for your help.