Early childhood education job in Victoria

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sina

Early childhood education job in Victoria

Post by Sina » Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:41 am

Hello, everyone. I am a mum of an 18-month old girl. My family and I just returned to Australia in May 2024 after about 4 years back to our country, Cambodia. I did Master of teaching (early childhood in Victoria, Australia) and worked as casual for a few years. Then, I went back to my country for marriage. In Cambodia,I worked as a kindergarten teacher at an international school, and after a contract ended, I didn’t continue because I needed to take care of my pregnancy and my baby after delivery. I’ve been out of this career for a few years now, and trying to get back to it. I have recent VIT registration and childcare first aid certificate, but I find it challenging to get a job as a part time teacher or educator. I have my family to feed since my husband is also desperately looking for a job as he is also new to this working environment. It might take him longer to find a job in his field, so it’s pretty tough for us now. I really need some money to survive and put my daughter in Childcare because we do not have government subsidies with our current visas (temporary residence). Could you please give me some advice or recommendations?

Thank you so much in advance.