Does it matter where you do your training?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Autumn

Does it matter where you do your training?

Post by Autumn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:48 am

Hi all. I have worked in retail for a few years now and have finally decided to take the step towards a career I can actually enjoy and have long wanted to do and am looking to begin with a Cert III. My question is, do potential employers care about where you received your qualification? I am tossing up between Kool Kids Training College and TAFE. I have heard that employers prefer someone who has been to TAFE in most circumstances. However the TAFE course does not start until July, whereas I can start with Kool Kids well before that. But I do not want to go with KK if it will not be good for my employment chances.
So, in childcare does it matter where you received your Cert? Eventually, once in the industry, I would like to study towards a diploma. Thanks in advance!

Lorina

Re: Does it matter where you do your training?

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:10 pm

It really depends on the centre Director. For some as long as you have a qualification and knowledge of your tasks and responsibilities then no where you complete your qualification doesn’t matter.

For others they prefer to have an Educator from a reputable provider.

TAFE is a safe bet because they are recognised all over Australia and they are more reputable than others. Some training providers even though they are RTOs don’t teach their students with vital information required in this field and pass the students quickly through each assignment. It’s bit the students fault and they are the ones that suffer in the end when they can’t get a job.

It’s up to you but in my opinion TAFE is a better choice...

:geek:,
Lorina