Casual Job interview for certificate III in early childhood and care.

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
spd
Participator
Participator

Casual Job interview for certificate III in early childhood and care.

Post by spd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 am

Hi All,

I will be finishing my Certificate III in another two weeks. Also my interview is scheduled with one of the childcare centre next week. Since i am new to childcare jobs i'm really not aware what the interview is going to be like. Frankly saying this is my first ever interview. I am very very nervous . Can somebody suggest me how is the interview process going to be? i mean, what questions the director or recruitment consultant might ask? i tried searching on google like what questions will be asked on interviews. i found couple of them, but still i'm in dilemma. I would really appreciate if anyone would guide me about the interview question that will be asked in a childcare centre. Looking for a reply ASAP.

Lorina

Re: Casual Job interview for certificate III in early childhood and care.

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:58 am

Hi! How exciting! Your very first interview! Try not to stress out, take a few deep breaths and remain calm... Easier said than done right!

Ok so during the interview, you will probably be asked questions related to your experiences in childcare, have you worked in a centre, your duties/responsibilities etc.About yourself - such as why you chose this industry, your strengths, your weaknesses, etc.

The following will also help you:

Childcare Interview Questions
Preparing For An Interview

If you haven't worked in a centre before don't worry - just talk about your work placement and what you did there, what you learnt etc.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

spd
Participator
Participator

Post by spd » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Thank you so much Lorina... The links and suggestions are so so helpful.. Hope my interview goes well.. V'll keep you posted on the interview process.. thanks again Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:51 pm

You're most welcome!

I wish you all the best for your interview and I have my fingers crossed for you!

You'll do great!!

Lorina

spd
Participator
Participator

Post by spd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi Lorina,

I got the offer in a reputed childcare centre. Really wanna thank you for the interview tips. and the link that you provided was very useful, lots and lots of questions were asked during the interview process which was very helpful. Thanks again and appreciate for all your effort that you have put in this website.

spd
Participator
Participator

Post by spd » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 am

Hi Lorina,

I really had some doubts, because this is my first job and lots of confusions going around.. my employer sent me the employment documents which I need to sign and send it back.. but so far I haven't asked anything about the package details.. this is a casual job.. can you please let me know when is the right time to ask about salary details? is it before sending all the signed documents or after???

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm so happy to hear that you got the job!! Woohoo!! :party: Congratulations!!

In regards to pay details is there anything mentioned in the employment details? If nothing in regards to pay is mentioned then you can sign the documents then ask about your salary. Just remember before you sign any document that you read everything clearly and make you have an overall understanding of what you're signing...

Lorina

spd
Participator
Participator

Post by spd » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm

There's nothing in regards to pay that's mentioned..I spoke to the HR about the pay. She explained me in detail.. thank you lorina for the suggestion..
I may ask you more about the roles of a casual educator/ what do I need to do on the first day of the job) once I get the offer letter.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Have you started working yet?

The following information will help:

Working As A Casual Educator

Lorina