Assistant educator required to do planning?

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
allie2192

Assistant educator required to do planning?

Post by allie2192 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi,

I've worked as assistant in OSHC for the past few years. I've decided to get back in to long hours daycare. I went for a job this morning for a kindy room assistant 3 days a week a Goodstart.

In the interview I was told I would be in the kindy room with a teacher, but would have 6-7 children from that room that I would look after and plan for myself.

Is this normal practice nowadays in all centre?

Last time I worked in Long hours daycare the group leader did all the planning for the week.

I would love to get the job as it's perfect hours, but at the same time I'm really nervous. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will I be spending all my fee time planning?

Lorina

Re: Assistant educator required to do planning?

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Typically, assistants are used to help the room leaders in the planning. For some room leaders it can get a little overwhelming so helping them out with planning will be a great support. Even while helping the room leader should oversee your planning, so all obs, planning etc. they should read and guide you.

At the beginning it may be a little difficult for you, however, as you gain more experience then you'll be more confident.

You shouldn't be planning in your free time - you need to find time during the time when it's less busy (such as quiet time) to do written work.

If you like the job then you should definitely take it! The rest will fall into place!

:geek:,
Lorina

naser

Re: Assistant educator required to do planning?

Post by naser » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am

hi can you explain to me each quality area why its important to our service in childcare and explain each element and give example