Advice re qualifications

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Sheraew

Advice re qualifications

Post by Sheraew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am

Hi everyone. I am currently looking at returning to the education sector as a teacher's aide or similar. I have a Bachelor's of Education, but never completed my full registration, and have now been working in admin for 6 years.

What I need to know is; is my Bachelor's degree going to be enough to recommend me for an aide position, or should I get a Cert III in Education Support?

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Advice re qualifications

Post by Butterflyblue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:30 pm

I don't think you require a specific qualification to be a teachers aid but an education based qualification is highly recommended so a bachelor of education sounds perfect!
Maybe apply and see how you go before starting a course because it's fairly expensive and takes a significant amount of time to complete. Worth looking at other options first.

I'd recommend you do some professional development so you can get up to date information and a little volunteering is always helpful there are lots of programs out there which involve assisting students :)

You might find the following helpful:

https://www.australianteacheraide.com.a ... acher-aide

https://www.seek.com.au/career-advice/role/teacher-aide

timmy88

Re: Advice re qualifications

Post by timmy88 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:12 am

Sheraew wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am
Hi everyone. I am currently looking at returning to the education sector as a teacher's aide or similar. I have a Bachelor's of Education, but never completed my full registration, and have now been working in admin for 6 years.

What I need to know is; is my Bachelor's degree going to be enough to recommend me for an aide position, or should I get a Cert III in Education Support?
you need a certificate that's 100%