Year 12 looking for some simple answers

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
JennyLynn

Year 12 looking for some simple answers

Post by JennyLynn » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Hello, my name is Jenny and I'm in year 12 this year and I am interested in doing a Traineeship in childcare next year. I have found this site extremely helpful in answering my fundamental questions. I have a question regarding the time frame. If I am doing a Traineeship, would it be alright to take a month of in the middle of the year? I mean of course I would let the childcare facility taking me on know my plans at the beginning before they take me on to see if it's ok, as well as TAFE, but I was just very curious. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I am curious about tax, and how much a tax a trainee would be paying.
Thank you for reading. :)

Cindy Nguyen

Re: Year 12 looking for some simple answers

Post by Cindy Nguyen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Jenny,

I think that in the end, it will be up to you, your employer and training organisation to take the month off. But keep in mind that, every year you you work you are entitled to 4 weeks holidays; so for every three months you work you are entitled to 1 week holiday. Also, I believe the period for a traineeship (full time) is a year. So if you were able to take the month off, you would still have to complete all units within the year.

Hope that makes sense.

With the tax bit, I'm not too sure, but I have to believe that Traineeships have a capped wage (don't quote me on that though).

Hope that has helped you.

=D

JennyLynn

Post by JennyLynn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Cindy,
Thank you! That is really helpful and I will keep that in mind. Thank you again. :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:56 am

Trainees do not really earn much so I doubt your tax would be much to be honest
http://www.paycalculator.com.au/
You can use this to estimate what you would pay tax wise

JennyLynn

Post by JennyLynn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks fefe76, I'll keep that page bookmarked, that really helps :D

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 pm

No probs hun, its a useful little tool, its how I figured out I was being MAJORLY overtaxed in my previous job!