Working with childrens check

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
monkey80

Working with childrens check

Post by monkey80 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi all:)
I'm Erica and I just wanted to introduce myself !! I just started my certificate 3 course and im nervous as hell, having 2 kids of my own I feel so out of the loop with study !!
Just wanted to ask I have applied for wwc check but as a volunteer is this the correct check to do before you begin placement im so confused :?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated xoxoxooxErica

Lorina

Re: Working with childrens check

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:48 am

Hi Erica,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Yes, that's right you will need a working with children's check. The check basically screens you to see if you are eligible to work with children. For their own safety and protection. It does a background check on you and runs a criminal check as well. Once you receive the working with children's check card it is valid for 5 years and you won't have to do the check again until 5 years is complete.

Hope you enjoy work placement,

:geek:,
L.A

monkey80

Post by monkey80 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks so much for your advice Lorina much appreciated !!!

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Nice to meet you Erica J

You have an advantage of having kids of your own so this can help you in some ways in completing your certificate 3. Most of the assignments are scenarios or having to do with policies, legislations etc. You can find most information on the web itself. You can always find support in this awesome site too if you need help. This website helped me big time when I was doing my diploma! :)

monkey80

Post by monkey80 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks so much catchmeifucan really appreciate your support !!!