Where to Study? Gowrie Victoria or Practical Outcomes

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Paloma

Where to Study? Gowrie Victoria or Practical Outcomes

Post by Paloma » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi
I am in my mid 30's and am about to enrol into a Cert III in childcare. Due to previous studies, I am classified as a full fee student and as such, I cannot enrol into the TAFE courses as they are too expensive and I cannot afford them.
I have narrowed my search down to 2 institutions Gowrie Victoria and Practical Outcomes. Can anybody provide feedback on either course and/or can they nominate another course they would recommend?. I enrol in 2 week’s time
Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Gowrie VS

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:03 am

Haven't studied through either however I've been looking into the two course providers you mentioned above. From the information I have read thus far:

Gowrie Victoria - $3200 included materials, texts and first aid certificate
Practical Outcomes - $3900 includes materials and texts and an extra $110 for first aid course

It's pretty expensive. Although if I were to choose between the two Gowrie Victoria is a more suitable option. Even though you are a full fee paying student, are TAFE course fees more than those mentioned above? I thought it is a lot cheaper because it is from the government rather than privately owned...

Sorry for my late response, I've been away for the past few days.

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Where to Study? Gowrie Victoria or Practical Outcomes

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 am

Wow that is super expensive!
Can you not study through Open TAFE? Even with full fees, surely TAFE would still work out cheaper...would it not?

Paloma

Post by Paloma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm

No TAFE is $5,000 for full fee students

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Wow that's insane