Where to study?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
luckya

Where to study?

Post by luckya » Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello I am wanting to study cert 111 in Children's Services through a private provider online as I am not eligible for any govt subsidies as I already have a degree and govt. tafe charges through the nose for fee paying students. Can anyone recommend a good provider and say how much they cost? I'm looking at Inspire and they sound good and currently cost $1290 including a discount. I expect to get some rpl as i currently work in oshc and want the process to be as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance!

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Re: Where to study?

Post by rosie. » Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 am

Hi luckya,

I'm just about to complete my cert 3 through Inspire, I paid just over $1000 for the Christmas special at the end of last year. Like I said I'm nearly finished completing everything now, the only problem is they are really far behind me with marking. So if you're want to finish it quickly, like I want to, you might get a little held up. Other than that they have been great, really quick to answer questions I had etc. Hope this helps

Rosie

luckya

Post by luckya » Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I liked Inspire on the phone, but OTEN also looks good, although I like the idea of correspondence better than online. Can I ask what sort of assignments they are? I am better at short answer than essays. Also did you get any RPL and what was the process like?

Lulu2811

Post by Lulu2811 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Luckya,
I am completing mine through OTEN and it's been great. It's really easy to access via the online tool and you can do it as quick as you want. The marking of assignments has been really fast (sometimes within 2 days although they say to allow up to 2 weeks). I've called many times to ask questions about assignments and general questions and everyone has been very helpful and I really can't complain about anything. Majority if online testing and then assignments but no essays as I don't really like them myself. The course only cost around $850 - $900 as well.
Hope this helps! All the best!

rosie.
Participator
Participator

Post by rosie. » Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm

luckya wrote: Can I ask what sort of assignments they are? I am better at short answer than essays. Also did you get any RPL and what was the process like?
Yeah most questions have been short answer, or just small projects like design a menu etc, no essays. The hardest things has been the observations which I'm finishing now... And sorry, I can't help you with RPL

rosie

Valerie123

Post by Valerie123 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 am

Hi Luckya,

I've also nearly completed my Cert III through OTEN and it's been absolutely brilliant - very straight forward, easy to follow and I've loved that I can do it all in my own time - means you can get it done quite quickly!