Units Getting Super Seeded

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
niddy71
Participator
Participator

Units Getting Super Seeded

Post by niddy71 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:24 am

Well I am gutted...

I had a email a while ago from my company about some units either getting super seeded or just taken off..

Was hoping I would be finished before it all came into effect in a week but the over the top work placement stuff they give you has
held me up.

So know I have to redo one unit and one of the electives I did is getting taken off so have to do another one..

I am so over it...I really don't think we should have to redo units we already passed something just like a gap questions of something like that..

so now I have to redo 2 units and its not like i dont hate the company i am with..

sad...:(

Lorina

Re: Units Getting Super Seeded

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Yeah I'm not too sure why you have to do units you already have completed even if they have changed it wouldn't you be able to do RPL. As for your elective it's frustrating you have to do another... They should compensate students in some way rather than just saying "do a new unit".

Also, I've been trying to find out my own information on what is exactly going on and I haven't received any information about units being changed or removed. I only have heard it here from students yet no course provider is willing to mention what's going on...Maybe because I'm not a student? Weird...

Don't give up...

:geek:,
Lorina

Bensos
Participator
Participator

Post by Bensos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:05 pm

I got contacted by my course provider (inspire) to say that the course had been expanded. Basically my course units are all the same there is just an additional assignment book and an additional practical skills book to complete that will fill in the gaps.

A massive pain as I am 3 weeks from deadline and need to organise going back to placement to fill in the gaps so to speak, plus completing the extra booklet so Im worried I will have to pay for a course extension to get it all done.

But they have specifically said all my current units of study are fine - just the two extra bits to do.

My course switches over on Friday and I should get the two new supplementary units then. Happy to share what else needs to be covered when I get the paperwork if anyone is interested?

Bensos
Participator
Participator

Post by Bensos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:24 pm

screen capture of the email i got from inspire.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.