Understanding Of Mathematical Concepts

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Understanding Of Mathematical Concepts

Post by mummyto3 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:23 pm

List 5 mathematical concepts and operations you need to understand and communicate with students?

List 5 strategies/activities you could implement when supporting a student’s understanding and numeracy development for children K-2?

Lorina

Re: Understanding Of Mathematical Concepts

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Addition
Counting 
Division
Even and Odd Numbers 
Geometry
Measurement 
Multiplication
Ordinal Numbers 
Size
Time
Subtraction

:geek:,
Lorina

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Post by mummyto3 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:29 pm

sorry I should of been a little more detailed with my question ha ha knew the concepts what I am not sure on is operations you need to understand and communicate with students?

also List 5 strategies/activities you could implement when supporting a student’s understanding and numeracy development for children K-2?

THIS WHOLE UNIT HAS GOT ME STRESSING ITS THE HARDEST BY FAR I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN SIGH!!!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I just had a look at the Australian Curriculum. The learning areas and content descriptors should be able to give you some information:

Australian Curriculum - Content For Foundation

:geek:,
Lorina