Superseded Units

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
aman2016

Superseded Units

Post by aman2016 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I was doing Certificate 3 in early childhood education and care. I was doing from Job Taining Institute. I am in Adelaide SA. I started this course in Feb 2016 and I was online student. Suddenly I got call from JTI campus on late June 2016 saying that we are closing down Adelaide campus due to some funding issue and they asked me to complete all the assessment by mid July 2016 because officially they are closing on 31st August 2016. Their head office was in Dandenong Melbourne. That time my 13 assessment was left but I managed to submit all the assessment by mid July 2016. Then trainer didn't mark my assessment I was keep chasing with them almost everyday and I involve manager then trainer marked my assessment and all good. I wait two weeks for placement and 4th August 2016 find the placement. I finished my placement on 19th August 2016 and I completed work placement book and trainer signed and marked it. All good. Then my trainer said you can apply for certificate and I did applied on 5th September 2016. Then I didn't get any reply back from head office. I started chasing them and I keep chasing them every week and they said it take 4 weeks. I was keep waiting and now 8th November I got the email saying that you have to complete superseded Units there are three units that are superseded. Now have to do three units. I send email to their GM saying that why they said so late and this should not to applicable on me because I applied my certificate on 5th September and this is my trainer's fault not letting me know. this is not my fault and I said in am not going to complete these assessment I have two kids and working as well and when I started this course that time my father in law was here so he look after my kids. Now I have to manage all this by my self and difficult to do these assessments now. Also I told them my grandfather is sick in India and I hoping to going back there and may be staying at least 3 months. But course manager said you have to do to get certificate and she clearly said you have no option you have to do this. Now I so frustrated from them. They waste my time and I not sure what to do.
Is there any way I can do complaint against them. I am not sure where I can do. Also I will never ever recommend JTI to anyone.
Please suggest something to me.
Thanks