STUDYING CERT3 AND CHILDCARE REBATES

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kyllemae

STUDYING CERT3 AND CHILDCARE REBATES

Post by kyllemae » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Hello everyone :)

I'm currently studying my cert3 through TAFE and am looking for a place to either volunteer or work while doing my work placements. I have a 4.5 year old son who will also be attending a preschool for the rest of the year until he starts kindy next year. My questions are;
1) Am I, as a student working towards my cert3, eligible to receive the government 50% rebate for my personal childcare OR do I need to have completed my cert3 before I am eligible?
If I am eligible then I have another question..
2) Does my son need to attend the center I am working/volunteering at for me to be eligible for the rebate OR do I still receive the rebate if he goes to a different center?

Thanks so much! :)

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: STUDYING CERT3 AND CHILDCARE REBATES

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am

Hi,

If you are working or studying you qualify for the Childcare Rebate, you can work/study anywhere and your child can go elsewhere, in a center or in family day care and you will still get the rebate.
With the 50% rebate, if you have a CCB [childcare benefit%] you will get 35% back each week/fortnight of your out of pocket fees and centrelink withholds 15% and keeps that till the end of the financial then if your income isn't over your estimate they will refund you the extra 15% as a lump sum.
If you have no CCB then you get a full 50% off your out of pocket fees each week.

Linsaa fdc :wave:

kyllemae

Re: STUDYING CERT3 AND CHILDCARE REBATES

Post by kyllemae » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks so much Linsaa fdc :) This answers all my questions :) xo